April 4, 2022
Meeting Minutes April 4, 2022
Attendees: Tony LaRocca, Cheryl and Michael Bergeron, Joe Vigliotti, Kenny Dowling, Tommy Hart, Trish Mulligan, Jules Moore, Paul LaRocca, Joann Rosiello, John Dixon
· Scholarship Fund $3,654 (same as last month)
· Checking $389 (increase from last month as there was money in Venmo that I had not transferred over) This month added $90 in dues.
· Elyse & Rachel Harrel Family dues renewed
· New Members Chris Troiano and Debra Colchamiro
Membership Dues Tony Sent out an email stating if dues not paid by tonight’s meeting names will be removed from roster. Military service and students are exempt but will need to let us know if they still want to be a member.
RUMC/Arnold Obey 5k Saturday April 9th the race will be honoring The Richmond Rockets, Staten Island Athletic Club (SIAC), SITRAC and the Correcaminos. It would be nice for us to have a good showing at the event.
Brooklyn Half Marathon: May 21st Tommy Hart will be getting a bus for the race. Cost is $25. Bus will leave from Victory Blvd./ Ontario Ave (near basketball courts at Clove Lakes) at 5:30am. Please get your $ to Tommy, this is first come first served.
After Party Brooklyn Half: (Joann)
· May 21st Randal Manor Tavern on Castleton Ave early afternoon (after Brooklyn Half Marathon)
· Looking to do beer/wine/apps
· Year end 2021 club awards and Richie Chin Kind Award at the event
· 3 Applications were received (Lowest ever)
· Trish will coordinate with the committee for the winner.
· Contact Trish if you have a interest to be on the committee.
Runner of the Month: Tommy Hart
· We need to start to run together again
· Lisa plans on starting 5m Fridays (TBD)
· April 09 Arnold Obey/RUMC 5K (Sat) Clove Lakes
· April 16 (Sat) Wolfe’s Run 10K Wolfe’s Pond. (CRS)
· April 23 (Sat) Earth Day 5K High Rock Park ?????????
· April 24 (Sun) NYCRUNS Brooklyn Marathon & Half
· NYRR Staten Island Half-Marathon Registration is now open for the October 9th running
· The 2022 race log will be set up on the website.
· Tony will be maintaining it but will be looking at the NYRR races and other area races that have sortable results by clubs.
· Please send in your race results to: Tonylarocca5K@gmail.com
· Weekly runs (SIAC Fun Run, NYRR weekly park runs, Tommy’s Thursday night runs) will not be included.
· This log will be a factor for us to determine the “Runner of the Month”.
Used Running Shoes Josh Pesin is collecting used running shoes. He receives money for them and then distributes that money to various clubs and charities including the Rockets. If you have running shoes, you are no longer using, contact Lisa Lubarsky to arrange drop off.